This week in class, we discussed the technology behind screen sharing and screen-casting. We were provided resources and tools to explore and learn how to create our own screencast. While I could not think of anything interesting enough to screencast and narrate over the computer (the only things I really do on my computer are assignments which are not interesting to watch!), I still tested out the feature and played around with it. I think I will use this resource for future projects for my other courses this semester and next semester too. This is because, with our remote learning, it may be easier to use a feature such as screencasting to show off a project, or a presentation ahead of time/pre-recorded. I think this week’s resources were particularly useful for not only this class but beyond and into our futures as teachers. Screencasting is a fantastic resource for educators, especially since education becomes more digital and technology-based. I really appreciate the effort put in by our professor to provide us the chance and opportunity to explore these valuable resources.

Creating and Sharing Screencast Videos