Unfortunately, I had some events come up in my life over the past few weeks that stopped me from contributing to the growth of my artwork. However, I have finally been able to find some time to get back into my artwork, and I could not be happier! I had the privilege of finishing up my commission piece for a friend. It is posted below. The design is original, yet very simple, and I have never painted anything quite like it. I am really happy with how it turned out, and my friend is very happy with the finished results! I think a reason why I do commission pieces is that I love seeing the person’s reaction when I reveal what I have created for them. I have done lots of commission pieces in the past, yet the satisfaction of seeing someone’s joy when you reveal what you have made for them never gets old.

Below is the finished piece. This is acrylic paint on a hand-cut snowboard with spray paint as the base. I cannot take credit for the full board, as my friend spray painted the background and cut the board himself, while I just added the details.

The finished product. Unfortunately, the photo would not upload properly, hence the strange colouration

During this two/three week period. I was able to take a lot of time to reflect on my artistic processes. I have had a lot of thought about how I would approach this free inquiry project in the future. The goals of this inquiry have changed a lot for me over the term. I have mentioned this before in my previous blogs, but my original intentions for this project were to learn how to paint portraits, which is still a goal I have for the future. However, this is something that I learned requires a lot of time, as well as a ton of trial and error. The piece that scared me the most about pursuing this goal was the possibility of failure. I think if I were to re-do the start of this project, I would stick with my original goal of painting portraits. Something that I have struggled with throughout my life is failure, and I think this project has made me realize that I need to step outside of my comfort zone and push myself. If I am not able to push myself, I cannot start achieving those goals in the first place. I have learned that I need to start taking risks to achieve my goals. Despite the things happening in my life that held me back from completing a proper goal for these past few weeks, I am grateful for the time I have had to reflect on this project, as well as my own personal struggles. I hope that once school has wound down, I can start my goal of learning to paint portraits, and I will document this on here despite the class being complete.